Complete and Continue
Community Building & Management
1. Community: the word, the history, and the nature of communities online and offline.
Online communities and hybrid models
Case Study: The Well
Case Study: Edgeryders
2. BONUS - It’s all about relationships!
The Relationship Business
3. Being Real: model the behavior you want to see in others
Making a deeper connection
4. The Online Community: What you need to get it going.
5. How to setup your community, define your goal, create trust, safety.
Introduction: Purpose and Focus
The ground rules
Set your Netiquette and the standard of responsibility
6. Community Management: ways to interact and set the example
Introduction: Noemi's first Rule
Rule #2: "The Magic of Affirmation"
Rule #3: Oversupply Understanding
Rule #4: "Be Real"
Rule #5: "Manage Your Energy"
7. Community Management: routines and tools to do it
Introduction: Nurturing Serendipity
Case Study: Using Discourse
Onboarding New Members
Pinging and notifications
8. BONUS - The hats you wear
The 9 hats
9. Resolving Conflict
Letting Conflicts Happen
Face-to-face v.s. Online Encounters
Online Arguments: Where to draw the line
9. Shit storms, meltdowns, harassment, stalking and trolls
Harassment & Discrimination
Dealing with trolls
10. Making projects happen
Case Study: Open Insulin
Case Study: Social innovation Camp in Tunisia
11. Engagement practices and mobilization around projects
Working Out Loud
Decentralized Social Media
Random Acts of Kindness
Teach online with
Lesson content locked
If you're already enrolled,
you'll need to login
Enroll in Course to Unlock