Complete and Continue
Community Building & Management
1. Community: the word, the history, and the nature of communities online and offline.
Online communities and hybrid models
Case Study: The Well
Case Study: Edgeryders
2. BONUS - It’s all about relationships!
The Relationship Business
3. Being Real: model the behavior you want to see in others
Making a deeper connection
4. The Online Community: What you need to get it going.
5. How to setup your community, define your goal, create trust, safety.
Introduction: Purpose and Focus
The ground rules
Set your Netiquette and the standard of responsibility
6. Community Management: ways to interact and set the example
Introduction: Noemi's first Rule
Rule #2: "The Magic of Affirmation"
Rule #3: Oversupply Understanding
Rule #4: "Be Real"
Rule #5: "Manage Your Energy"
7. Community Management: routines and tools to do it
Introduction: Nurturing Serendipity
Case Study: Using Discourse
Onboarding New Members
Pinging and notifications
8. BONUS - The hats you wear
The 9 hats
9. Resolving Conflict
Letting Conflicts Happen
Face-to-face v.s. Online Encounters
Online Arguments: Where to draw the line
9. Shit storms, meltdowns, harassment, stalking and trolls
Harassment & Discrimination
Dealing with trolls
10. Making projects happen
Case Study: Open Insulin
Case Study: Social innovation Camp in Tunisia
11. Engagement practices and mobilization around projects
Working Out Loud
Decentralized Social Media
Random Acts of Kindness
Teach online with
The 9 hats
Lesson content locked
If you're already enrolled,
you'll need to login
Enroll in Course to Unlock